St. John the Baptist is proud to partner with and refer our members to Benedictine Health Center at Innsbruck, a fellow trusted resource for community elders and their families. Together we are dedicated to providing a wealth of life care management services to help our beloved parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles live independently.
Do you know…
- You can get a haircut at home from an ABLE volunteer if it is hard for you to get out?
- We have volunteers that are willing to do respite for several hours if you cannot leave your loved one alone?
- We have found help or referrals for yard clean up and housekeeping if you are having difficulties?
- ABLE can help with grocery shopping after coming home from the hospital or make you simple meals?
- ABLE volunteers can come for a visit and bring communion if you cannot get to Mass due to changes in health or the weather?
- ABLE volunteers have helped with taxes; helped troubleshoot problems with electronics/computers?
- All of our volunteers are from the parish and all have had background checks.
There are many resources out there that might help your situation. For more information, please call Mary Hartz, parish nurse at 651-633-8333 ext. 1229 or email Mary.Hartz@bhshealth.org.
Mary is in the office Tuesday – Thursday.
Ongoing Programs for Seniors
- Have your blood pressure checked after the 8:30 am Mass every Tuesday in St. Therese community room.
- Join us for Faithfully Fit being held in room LL108 on Wednesdays at 9:15am. You are welcome to join us any Wednesday.
Did you know that there are several Catholic senior housing and care providers throughout the Archdiocese? Did you know that you can find the entire array of senior care choices among them? Do you want to stay in your local community and keep connected to your parish? If you need advice or placement in Archdiocesan Catholic housing, assisted living, memory, nursing home, palliative, home care or hospice care visit www.catholicseniorservices.org or call the CSS Help Line at 1-877-420-6461.
Breakfast after 8:30AM Mass
Christmas and Easter Baskets for Seniors
ABLE does Christmas and Easter baskets for seniors in our community. If you know of someone who might like one, if you would like to donate, or help put the baskets together, please call Mary Hartz 651-633-8333 ext. 1229.