When you come through the doors here at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, you are entering into a community where great things are happening!
In this past year:
- Young families have been coming to St. John the Baptist in increasing numbers. Baptisms are up to 88, an increase of 14% over the previous year.
- St. John the Baptist School has grown from 392 students to over 430 students (pre-school through grade 8).
- Enrollment in RCIA has doubled to 13 adults, including several school parents who wish to become Catholic.
- Over 100 young people attended Catholic Youth Summer Camp, some as middle school campers and others as high school leaders, the largest group ever.
- Attendance at our many faith-building events is increasing, and a large group of over 200 children attended the All Saints Day Party, many dressed up as saints!
- Over 300 parishioners are members of the 50 Year Club. This honorary group gathers twice a year for fellowship and spiritual enrichment.
In addition …
- Our priests and deacons bring the sacraments to the sick and dying, with 127 anointings this past year. We celebrated funerals for 64 parishioners, bringing comfort and consolation to their families.
- Hundreds of volunteers bring Christ to the poor and those in need through homebound ministry, St. John’s Food Shelf, Kidz Closet, and our St. Vincent DePaul Society.
When you support St. John the Baptist by your prayer, your participation in parish life, and your financial support, you are bringing the light of Christ to New Brighton and beyond!