A key to our commitment to promoting safe environments in our parishes, Catholic schools and communities is for all persons in positions of trust in regard to minors and vulnerable adults to fulfill the Essential 3 (E3) requirements. If you are a parishioner and plan to volunteer in any capacity (pastoral care, leadership, formation, drive in any capacity for the parish, etc.) you must complete the E3 as required by the Archdiocese.
You will also need to follow and complete all steps in the instructions prior to volunteering at the parish. We appreciate your time that you generously share with our parish and your participation in the Enhanced Essential 3 to make our parish a safer environment for all.
Thank you for helping to protect those most vulnerable among us!
Remember, if you suspect abuse, your first call should always be to law enforcement.
Step One: Complete Volunteer Application
Print and complete the volunteer application below.
Drop off, mail, or email your completed volunteer form to Rita Arndorfer firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Virtus/E3 Requirement Information
Once you complete and turn in your volunteer application, Rita Arndorfer will email a link to complete step two Virtus/E3 Requirement – which must be completed within seven days of starting.
To ensure the successful completion of the requirements, follow the information regarding creating your VIRTUS account. If you have an existing VIRTUS account, do not create a new account. Contact Jodie Wolla email@example.com for assistance so your account can be updated prior to login.
Total Time Commitment: Approximately 95 minutes, the Virtus requirements must be completed within seven days of starting the process
- Set aside 95 minutes to complete all items without logging out. Incomplete accounts may result in lost data, requiring you to repeat your setup.
- Read and follow the directions on the website in the order presented.
- Do not skip items, fast-forward, or back up as this may corrupt your account and require you to repeat your assignments.
- Do not use a cell phone.
- Do not use the forward or back arrows during the training module
- Enable pop-ups
- Need help, call the Virtus help desk at 1-888-847-8870
- You will:
- Complete each registration field as presented on the screen
- Complete the Code of Conduct
- Complete the Background Check application (SSN is required), say yes to driving on behalf of the Church
- Complete Safe Environment Training (1 module, approximately 75 minutes)
Use the Google Chrome browser and allow pop-ups for this website.
For more information on the Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements, visit https://safe-environment.archspm.org/essential-3/