SJB SMALL GROUPS
Have you tried to pray more or read Scripture in your life, only to fall short of your goal? A small group gives you a supportive and encouraging community that can make your prayer time much more meaningful.
There are no teachers in small groups. Trained parishioners facilitate open-ended conversations.
The groups will:
- Discuss life and faith
- Reflect on God’s word together, applying the Sunday readings to daily life
- Seek God together
- Pray for and with one another
Some parishioners in our community are launching new small groups.
There are many types of groups meeting: Men’s, Women’s, Couples, and Co-Ed groups. There are a variety of different days and times available.
Interested? Fill out the online registration form
“Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works.” Hebrews 10:24
Reach More Formation & Training
The overarching goal of Reach More is to equip lay people to drive a movement of evangelization as part of a growing community of lay missionary disciples. When a community of disciples, centered on Jesus, dives deeply into prayer, discipleship, community, and evangelization together, the Holy Spirit moves more freely, and lives are changed for the greater glory of God!
Reach More has a variety of components that work in coordination to give you well-rounded formation and training for mission.
1. Reach More Mission Training Group
- Video talks on the Church’s primary mission of evangelization, the role of the laity in this mission, testimonies, and stories
- Scripture reflection and discussion
- Practical skills workshops
- Sharing personal stories of faith
- Group prayer
2. Application Prompts
Put theory into action with the “Your Mission This Week” segment of each session. These practices help you incorporate missionary habits into your day little by little.
3. Prayer Companion for Daily Personal Prayer
Reach More includes a commitment to daily personal prayer. An at-home Prayer Companion is provided in each session of this workbook.
4. One-on-One Guidance from a Point Person
Throughout the training group, meet one-on-one with your point person or other designated guide for personalized discipleship formation and conversation.
5. Forming a Small Group
Receive preparation and training to lead a small group—a transformative environment of friendship and trust where adults can encounter Jesus in a life-changing way. In the latter part of Reach More Mission Training, you’ll begin discerning and inviting people to invite into your own small group. Small groups meet for an initial six to eight sessions, after which the leader and group members discern the best approach for the group going forward.
6. Ongoing Formation and Communal Support
The point person continues to provide opportunities for you and other missionary disciples to gather for prayer, ongoing formation, and mutual support beyond the initial training.
Reach More Mission Training includes group and one-on-one components:
- Twelve weekly group sessions: 90minutes each week
- One-on-one discipleship formation with the point person: 1 hour every two weeks
In addition, those in training commit to growth in prayer and mission
- Personal prayer with Reach More Prayer Companion: At least fifteen minutes every day
- Take-home Mission Prompts: Varies, but most take under thirty minutes to complete
Claire Brostrom at email@example.com | Office: 651-633-1540 x1250 & Cell: 651-434-5507
Neil Steffl at firstname.lastname@example.org | 612-817-8818